Home / Business Products
CPU CPU Model AMD Ryzen R1600
CPU Quantity 1
CPU Architecture 64-bit
CPU Frequency 2-core 2.6 (base) / 3.1 (turbo) GHz
Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
Memory System Memory 8 GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM
Memory Module Pre-installed 8 GB (8 GB x 1)
Total Memory Slots 2
Maximum Memory Capacity 32 GB (16 GB x 2)
Notes • Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on supplier's product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
• Please select Synology memory modules for optimum compatibility and reliability. Synology will not provide complete product warranty or technical support if non-Synology memory modules are used for memory expansion.
• For more information about the recommended memory configurations, please check the Hardware Installation Guide of your Synology product.
Storage Drive Bays 5
Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit 15 (DX517 x 2)
M.2 Drive Slots 2 (NVMe)
Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)
• 3.5" SATA HDD
• 2.5" SATA SSD
• M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
• Hot Swappable Drive*
Notes • The hot swappable drive feature is not supported by M.2 SSD slots.
• "Compatible drive type" indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
External Ports RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port* 4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port* 2
eSATA Port 2
Notes • This device's 1GbE LAN ports have a maximum transmission unit (MTU) size of 1,500 bytes.
• The USB 3.0 standard was renamed to USB 3.2 Gen 1 by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) in 2019.
PCIe PCIe Expansion 1 x Gen3 x2 network upgrade slot
File System Internal Drives • Btrfs
• External Drives • Btrfs
Appearance Size (Height x Width x Depth) 166 mm x 230 mm x 223 mm
Weight 2.7 kg
Others System Fan 92 mm x 92 mm x 2 pcs
Fan Speed Mode • Full-Speed Mode
• Cool Mode
• Quiet Mode
• Brightness Adjustable Front LED Indicators
Noise Level* 22.90 dB(A)
Scheduled Power On / Off
Wake on LAN / WAN
Power Supply Unit / Adapter 120 W
AC Input Power Voltage 100V to 240V AC
Power Frequency 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
Power Consumption 52.06 W (Access)
16.71 W (HDD Hibernation)
British Thermal Unit 177.64 BTU/hr (Access)
57.02 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
Notes • For more information on how power consumption is measured, refer to this article.
• Noise testing was conducted with the Synology system fully installed with Synology SATA HDDs and in an idle stae. Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones are placed at a 1 m distance from the front and rear of the device. Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75˚C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%
Temperature Operating Temperature 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Storage Temperature -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
Relative Humidity 5% to 95% RH
Certification • FCC
Warranty 3-year hardware warranty, extendable to 5 years with EW201
Notes • Availability varies by region. Before purchasing, please visit the official web pages of EW201/202 and Extended Warranty Plus for a list of eligible regions.
• The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt. (Learn more)
Environment RoHS Compliant
Packaging Content • Main Unit X 1
• Accessory Pack X 1
• AC Power Adapter X 1
• AC Power Cord X 1
• RJ-45 LAN Cable X 2
• Quick Installation Guide X 1
Optional Accessories • DDR4 ECC SODIMM: D4ES02-8G/D4ES01-16G
• Expansion Units: DX517
• 3.5" SATA HDD: HAT5300
• 2.5" SATA SSD: SAT5210
• M.2 2280 NVMe SSD: SNV3410
• 10GbE Network Upgrade Module: E10G22-T1-Mini
• VisualStation: VS360HD
• Surveillance Device License Pack
• Notes • Certain items may not be available in your location. Please contact your local distributors for more information.
• All memory modules will operate at the maximum frequency specified by the CPU manufacturer.