Home / Business Products
CPU CPU Model Intel Celeron J4025
CPU Quantity 1
CPU Architecture 64-bit
CPU Frequency 2-core 2.0 (base) / 2.9 (burst) GHz
Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
Memory System Memory 2 GB DDR4 non-ECC
Total Memory Slots 1
Maximum Memory Capacity 6 GB (2 GB + 4 GB)
Notes • Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on supplier's product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
• Please select Synology memory modules for optimum compatibility and reliability. Synology will not provide complete product warranty or technical support if non-Synology memory modules are used for memory expansion.
Storage Drive Bays 4
M.2 Drive Slots 2 (NVMe)
Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)
• 3.5" SATA HDD
• 2.5" SATA HDD
• 2.5" SATA SSD
• M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
• Hot Swappable Drive*
Notes • The hot swappable drive feature is not supported by M.2 SSD slots.
• "Compatible drive type" indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
External Ports RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port 2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port* 2
Notes The USB 3.0 standard was renamed to USB 3.2 Gen 1 by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) in 2019.
File System Internal Drives • Btrfs
• External Drives • Btrfs
• Notes exFAT Access can be installed for free from Package Center in DSM 7.0. In DSM 6.2 or earlier versions, exFAT Access needs to be purchased in Package Center.
Appearance Size (Height x Width x Depth) 166 mm x 199 mm x 223 mm
Weight 2.18 kg
Others System Fan 92 mm x 92 mm x 2 pcs
Fan Speed Mode • Full-Speed Mode
• Cool Mode
• Quiet Mode
• Brightness Adjustable Front LED Indicators
Noise Level* 19.8 dB(A)
Scheduled Power On / Off
Wake on LAN / WAN
Power Supply Unit / Adapter 90 W
AC Input Power Voltage 100V to 240V AC
Power Frequency 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
Power Consumption 28.30 W (Access)
8.45 W (HDD Hibernation)
British Thermal Unit 96.5 BTU/hr (Access)
28.81 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
Notes • Power consumption is measured when it is fully loaded with Western Digital 1TB WD10EFRX hard drive(s).
• Noise Level Testing Environment: Fully loaded with Seagate 2TB ST2000VN000 hard drive(s) in the idle state. Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones, each set up 1 meter away from the Synology NAS at the front and rear. Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75˚C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%
Temperature Operating Temperature 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Storage Temperature -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
Relative Humidity 5% to 95% RH
Certification • FCC
Warranty 3-year hardware warranty, extendable to 5 years with Extended Warranty Plus
Notes • Availability varies by region. Before purchasing, please visit the official web pages of EW201/202 and Extended Warranty Plus for a list of eligible regions.
• The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt. (Learn more)
Environment RoHS Compliant
Packaging Content • Main Unit X 1
• Accessory Pack X 1
• AC Power Adapter X 1
• AC Power Cord X 1
• RJ-45 LAN Cable X 2
• Quick Installation Guide X 1
Optional Accessories • DDR4 non-ECC SODIMM: D4NESO-2666-4G
• 3.5" SATA HDD: HAT5300
• 2.5" SATA SSD: SAT5210
• M.2 2280 NVMe SSD: SNV3410
• VisualStation: VS360HD
• Surveillance Device License Pack
• Notes All memory modules will operate at the maximum frequency specified by the CPU manufacturer.